The hilarious Vodafone Comedy Festival is back and will take place in the beautiful setting of the Iveagh Gardens. We’re so excited about this stellar line-up of over 80 International and Irish comedians with some of our favourite 2014 acts returning. Seating is provided in the indoor venues for all shows allowing you to sit back, relax and enjoy the hilarious performances!
To celebrate this exciting event we’ve selected our top five must-see comedians who will be taking part in the festival over the weekend:
1. Tommy Tiernan
What You Need To Know About Tommy:
- He has been a stand-up comedian for 20 years
- He has appeared in ‘Father Ted’
- He is known for having no manners and always delivers an hilarious and uplifting performance!
2. Bernard O’Shea
What You Need To Know About Bernard:
- He featured on RTE TV show, ‘Republic Of Telly’, and was famous for his hilarious skit ‘Bernard’s News’
- He won the ‘Harp Newcomer Comedy Award’ in 2000
- His Edinburgh Fringe debut received a five star review from ‘The Scotsman’
- Bernard became famous for his role on ‘Republic of Telly’ but he has been doing stand-up for 14 years
3. The Pajama Men
What You Need To Know About The Pajama Men:
- This duo are also known as Shenoah Allen and Mark Chavez
- They have become a world-renowned double act known for their unique style of hilarious narrative-sketch comedy that incorporates elements of stand-up, sketch, improv, and both outlandish and familiar characters
4. Nick Helm
What You Need To Know About Nick:
- He starred in BBC’s ‘Uncle’ and ‘Nick Helm’s Heavy Entertainment’
- Winner of The ‘British Comedy Awards Best Breakthrough Act 2014’, ‘The Times Breakthrough Award’ at the ‘Southbank Sky Arts Awards 2014’ and winner of Chortle’s ‘Best Music and Variety Artist Award 2015’
- He rarely performs in Dublin so don’t miss out!
5. Adam Hills
Photo credit: digitalspy.co.uk
What You Need To Know About Adam:
- He is an Australian Comedian, famous for his TV show ‘The Last Leg’ on Channel 4
- ‘The Last Leg’ was first broadcast alongside the 2012 Summer Paralympics and was so popular that it is now broadcast as a weekly show
- Crowned ‘Best Comedy Newcomer’ at the ‘British Comedy Awards’
Have you got your tickets yet?!