LONGITUDE 2015 – Friday 17th July to Sunday 19th July: Gates 13:30
TRAVEL & TRANSPORT INFORMATION
Following consultation with An Garda Siochana and Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council the following arrangements have been made
You MUST Plan and Book your Return Travel arrangements in Advance.
The Promoter is not licensed to, nor do they operate any transport to or from the Longitude Festival, Marlay Park.
Transport to and from the venue is a matter for individual ticket-holders themselves, whether by means of car-pooling, cycling, walking, or by availing of the LUAS, Dublin Bus service (which is providing an enhanced route 16 bus service to take concert-goers directly into the City after the concert), or by making an advance return booking on the ‘Marathon coaches’ special shuttle bus service operating directly between the City Centre and the concert venue, or finally, by hiring a taxi.
Once again we strongly urge all attendees to heed the advices of An Garda Siochana, transport providers and promoters regarding the pre-planning and advance booking of their return trip to and from venue.
CONCERT SHUTTLE BUS
A shuttle bus will operate from Georges Quay in the city centre direct to Longitude Festival. Bus tickets are available for sale on a first come first serve basis at the following link http://www.marathonsportsbooking.ie Prices for the Shuttle are €10 when booked online up to 10:00 on the morning of the event. Walk up on the day €15.
The promoter strongly recommends that you pre book this service.
Dublin Bus routes serve the Grange Road entrances of Marlay Park in close proximity to the festival site:
16 – Airport / O’Connell Street to Grange Road
116 – Burlington Road to Grange Road
161 – Dundrum Road Luas Station to Grange Road
These Dublin Bus routes serve Ballinteer Shopping Centre approx. 15 minute walk to the concert site:
14 – Beaumont via Amiens Street to Ballinteer Shopping Centre
75 – The Square Tallaght / Dun Laoghaire to Ballinteer Shopping Centre
Please check timetables prior to travel. Note not all services will be operating at the end of the concerts and will be on a first come first served basis. For more information tel: 01 873 4222 – 0830hrs – 1800hrs (Monday to Saturday excluding Public Holidays) or www.dublinbus.ie.
LUAS & THE DUNDRUM LUAS SHUTTLE
The closest Luas stations are Ballaly and Dundrum. It is approx. a 30 minute walk to the Longitude event site. For more details on Luas routes go to www.luas.ie/routes.
Marathon Coaches http://www.marathonsportsbooking.ie will be operating a shuttle bus between Dundrum Luas Bus Stop and Stonemasons Way near the Longitude event site. Shuttle Services will run every half hour starting from 13:00 to 18:00. Returning from Stonemasons Way to Dundrum Luas Stop starting at 21:00 until 00:00 every evening. €8 return and €5 single. Tickets available on the day, on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE: the bus ticket is not valid for travel on the Luas. You must have a separate valid Luas ticket for onward travel on the green line.
Plan your approach to Marlay Park based on the following:-
• Traffic and parking delays are inevitable you are strongly advised to use public transport or carpool
• We strongly recommend you plan your journey in advanced allowing at least an extra 3 hours travel time to and from the venue .
• Plan your route in advance and check the AA Roadwatch Event Guide website for reports on traffic, road works, delays etc. on your route
From Dublin City Centre – via Ranelagh, Clonskeagh, Goatstown, and Sandyford, Grange Road and then onto College Road for car-parks.
Exit the M50 at junction 12 interchange, signposted R823 Ballyboden. Follow Scholarstown Road, Taylors Lane, turn right onto Whitechurch Road and then left onto College Road. Entrance to the car-parks is off College Road.
Please note that there is limited parking available in Marlay Park. Car Parks open from midday.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PARK ILLEGALLY IN AREAS SURROUNDING MARLAY PARK, IN LOCAL ESTATES OR OUTSIDE LOCAL RESIDENCES. PARKING ENFORCEMENT RULES WILL BE IN OPERATION AND YOUR VEHICLE WILL BE CLAMPED OR TOWED.
PRIVATE BUSES, COACHES & MINIBUSES
This year there WILL be coach/bus and minibus parking available within Marlay Park, access is via College Road. It is however very important to us that you notify and register with us in advance please email [email protected]. If you are travelling to site using a private hire bus, coach or minibus please advise your driver to use Junction 13 off the M50.
PICK UP AREA
Attendees getting picked up by family and friends following the concerts are advised that road closures are in place; our recommended collection point is at Supervalu on Ballinteer Avenue.
A taxi pick up area will be facilitated at our Lady’s School on Ballinteer Avenue.
Hailo customers are advised to avoid road closures and head towards the HAILO Pick up zone around Ballinteer Avenue! Be sure to wait until you are outside the park before you hail.
Uber customers are advised to head to Our Lady’s National School on Ballinteer Avenue to avoid road closures and get their Uber a cab home from Longitude.
Credit Card collections will be located at the entrance off the Grange Road opposite Centra and Lidl
Disable customer parking is accessed via College Road. Please contact [email protected] to register and for other non-ticket related enquiries.
For all general enquiries please contact e[email protected]
WE APPEAL TO ALL FANS TO RESPECT THE LOCAL COMMUNITY BY NOT LITTERING,
NOT ENGAGING IN ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR AND BY NOT PARKING ILLEGALLY OR IN RESIDENTIAL AREAS. THE STEWARDING AND SECURITY MEASURES BEING TAKEN ARE FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL.
No unaccompanied under 16’s are allowed on site. Under 16’s must be accompanied by a parent/guardian over 18. Note you may be asked to prove your age with photo ID or you will be refused admission. Acceptable forms are: Passport, Garda Age Card, Drivers-Licence
ENTRY TO THE EVENT
• There will be a strict NO Alcohol Policy implemented on all public transport and private buses travelling to the venue.
• Please do not arrive at the event intoxicated as you will not be permitted entry.
• Allow enough time for concert entry procedures, ticket checks and searches. Body and bag searching will take place on entry to the event.
• There is no re-admission for day ticket holders.
• Our bars operate a Challenge 21 policy. Acceptable forms of proof of age are: Passport, Garda Age Card, Driving-Licence.
• The promoter will not issue duplicates for lost or stolen tickets or wristbands
o Tickets for this event have a unique barcode which will be scanned on entry and if found to be duplicated, either in error or for fraudulent gain, only the first instance of the ticket scanned will be admitted regardless of original ownership. Customers may be prosecuted if found to have deliberately duplicated and resold tickets for fraudulent gain.
o 3 day weekend wristbands are valid for entry on all 3 days and will not be replaced if removed before the end of the last day of the event.
o 3 day weekend wristbands are not transferable and cannot be used by different people on different days.
• Note that the concert may be recorded for visual and audio broadcast.
• There may be strobe lighting, lasers and pyrotechnics used at these events.
• PLEASE NOTE TICKETMASTER IS THE TICKETING AGENT FOR THIS EVENT. THE PROMOTER STRONGLY ADVISES YOU DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM UNOFFICIAL SOURCES.
BANNED ITEMS THAT SHOULD NOT BE BOUGHT INTO THE GROUNDS
• Garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs or shooting sticks ETC.
• Umbrellas, flagpoles, flares/fireworks, laser pens, Megaphone/airhorns, aerosols
• Illegal substances, “legal highs” , herbal highs or NoS
• Anything that can be perceived as a weapon or which could cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event.
• Professional cameras with a detachable lens, drones or recording equipment.
• Note that catering and bar facilities are available inside the venue. NO ALCOHOL, DRINKS, OR FOOD are permitted to be brought into the venue (with the exception of up to 500ml of water in a sealed plastic bottle)
• Animals with the exception of guide dogs
• Excessive amounts of cigarettes
• Glass including but not limited to drinks and food containers
• These are outdoor events. Concerts will take place rain or shine.
o Always check the weather forecast before setting off.
o Wear outdoor footwear, as the grass may be wet, muddy or uneven.
o If it is sunny bring sun-cream, a hat and drinks lots of water
o If it is raining bring wet weather clothing including wellies. Please note that umbrellas are not allowed.
• Note location of Entry / Exit Gates, Emergency Exits, First Aid Posts and Water Points
• Patrons are advised to be aware of their own personnel safety and security while attending the events. They should ensure the security of personnel belongings while on route to and from the venue i.e. purses/wallets/tickets/mobile phones
• Any form of antisocial behaviour, crowd surfing or moshing will not be tolerated. The same goes for illegal activity. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to, or remove from, the venue anyone taking part in these activities, without a refund.
• Please move slowly and quietly when exiting the Concert site and co-operate with stewards’ directions. Do not rush the exits hang back til the main throng has dispersed for an easier journey home.
• Please co-operate with stewards and Gardaí and follow any loudspeaker announcements.
• An Garda Síochána will operate a Zero tolerance policy regarding alcohol consumption in public areas, any illegal criminal or anti-social behaviour.
• Please respect the property and privacy of residents in the vicinity.
• Please use the toilets that have been provided.
• Please use the car, coach and bus parks provided, do not park illegally or in residential areas
• Note that official merchandising will be available inside the grounds only.
ONCE AGAIN WE URGE ALL CONCERT-GOERS TO RESPECT LOCAL RESIDENTS AND THEIR COMMUNITY BY NOT ENGAGING IN ANY ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR AND BY NOT PARKING ILLEGALLY OR IN RESIDENTIAL AREAS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE AND ENJOY THE SHOWS