Heading to the Malahide Castle concerts this summer 2019? Read the important public information before attending the events.
Friday 7 June – Snow Patrol
David Keenan 17:30 – 18:15
Gabrielle Aplin 18.30 – 19.15
The Kooks 19.45 – 20:30
SNOW PATROL 21:00 – 22:30
Saturday 8 June – The Cure
Just Mustard 17:00 – 17:30
The Twilight Sad 17:55 – 18:25
Ride 18:55 – 19:40
THE CURE 20:25 – 22:40
Friday 14 June – Mumford & Sons – Gates @5pm
Saturday 15 June – Mumford & Sons – Gates @ 4pm
Sunday 16 June – Noel Gallagher & The High Flying Birds – Gates @ 4pm
Friday 21 June – George Ezra – Gates @ 5pm
Saturday 22 – Lana Del Rey – Gates @ 4pm
EARLY/ OVERNIGHT QUEUEING WILL NOT BE FACILITATED AT THE VENUE. CONCERT GOERS WHO DO TURN UP PRIOR TO GATES OPENING WILL BE TURNED AWAY.
BACKPACKS AND LARGE BAGS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN TO THE MALAHIDE CASTLE CONCERTS, ONLY SMALL BAGS MEASURING NO BIGGER THAN A4 (8.27IN/21CM × 11.7/ 29.7CM) WILL BE PERMITTED INTO THE EVENT. BAGS WILL BE SEARCHED ON ENTRY TO THE EVENT, TO AVOID LENGTHY QUEUES WE STRONGLY ADVISE THAT YOU DO NOT BRING A BAG.
TRAVEL & TRANSPORT INFORMATION
PEDESTRIANS WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED INTO THE GROUNDS OF MALAHIDE CASTLE VIA HOGANS GATE (NEAR DART STATION). PEDESTRIANS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ENTER THROUGH ANY OTHER PARK GATES. VEHICLES WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED THROUGH THE BACK ROAD ENTRANCE
TRAFFIC AND PARKING DELAYS ARE INEVITABLE. THE PROMOTER STRONGLY ADVISES USING PUBLIC TRANSPORT. CAR PARKING ON SITE IS LIMITED.
Following consultation with An Garda Síochána and relevant authorities, the following arrangements have been made.
You MUST plan and book your return travel arrangements in advance.
The Promoter is not licensed to, nor do they operate any transport to and from the Malahide Castle Concerts.
Transport to and from the venue is a matter for individual ticket-holders themselves, whether you go by means of Dart, coach or carpooling. Please note car parking is limited.
We strongly urge all concert goers to heed the advices of An Garda Síochána, transport providers and promoters regarding the pre-planning and advance booking of their return trip to and from venue. Leave plenty of time to get to and from the venue.
CITY CENTRE CONCERT BUS
There will be a direct bus service to George’s Quay following each event from the Dublin Road. Please follow signage from the concert grounds and directions from stewards. Tickets can be purchased following the concert for €10 however we advise purchasing in advance as it will be on a first com first served basis. You can pre-book at https://bushiredublin.net/bus_service/concerts-events/malahide-castle-concerts-2019/
Route 102 operates from Sutton to Swords (via Malahide)
For more information on this service please visit www.goaheadireland.ie/service-updates
32 From Talbot St. To Malahide
42 From Talbot St. Towards Sand’s Hotel (Portmarnock)
For more information on these services please visit www.dublinbus.ie
The closest Dart stop to the concert venue is Malahide Train Station. City centre Dart locations include Grand Canal Dock, Pearse, Tara Street and Connolly Stations. The concert entrance is approx. a 15-minute walk from Malahide Train Station. You can find more information including times and fares at www.irishrail.ie
COACHES, PRIVATE BUSES & MINIBUSES
There will be coach/bus and minibus parking available within the grounds of Malahide Castle, access is via Back Road. It is very important to us that you notify and register with us in advance, to do so please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name
- No. of passengers
- Coach Company
- Name of driver
- Date and time of arrival and departure
PLEASE NOTE THAT CAR PARKING AT THE VENUE IS EXTREMELY LIMITED. THE PROMOTER STRONGLY ADVISES USING PUBLIC TRANSPORT. CAR PARKS OPEN 1 HOUR BEFORE THE GATES OPENING TIME ON YOUR TICKET. VEHICLES WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED THROUGH THE BACK ROAD ENTRANCE.
Plan your approach to Malahide Castle based on the following:
- Car parking at Malahide Castle is limited and traffic and parking delays are inevitable – you are strongly advised to use public transport or carpool. There may be delays leaving the car park following the event
- We strongly recommend you plan your journey in advance allowing plenty of travel time to and from the venue.
- Plan your route in advance and check the AA Roadwatch website for reports on traffic, road works, delays etc. on your route.
Via M50 – From Dublin City Centre, West and South of Ireland
Exit the M50 at Junction 3 (signposted M1 Belfast / Airport), continuing onto the R139. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit, continuing on the R139 for 2.6km. Turn left onto Malahide Road / R107. Continue straight for 4.2km then take a right onto Back Road. Follow signs for car parks which will be on your left.
Via M1 – From the North of Ireland
Exit M1 at Junction 4 (signposted R132 Swords / Malahide / Donabate). Keep right, merging onto R132. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit, keeping on the R132. At the next roundabout take the 2nd exit, staying on R132. Take a slight left, merging onto Swords Rd / R106 and continue for 2.9km. Turn right onto Dublin Rd / R107, continue straight for 700m and then turn left onto Back Road. Follow signs for car parks which will be on your left.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PARK ILLEGALLY IN AREAS SURROUNDING MALAHIDE CASTLE, IN LOCAL ESTATES OR OUTSIDE LOCAL RESIDENCES. PARKING ENFORCEMENT RULES WILL BE IN OPERATION AND YOUR VEHICLE WILL BE CLAMPED OR TOWED.
ENTRY TO THE EVENT
Backpacks and large bags will not be allowed in to the Malahide Castle Concerts, only small bags measuring no bigger than A4 (8.27in/21cm × 11.7/ 29.7cm) will be permitted into the event. Bags will be searched on entry to the event, to avoid lengthy queues we strongly advise that you do not bring a bag.
There will be no cloakroom or storage facilities. Bags must not be left at entrances or surrounding areas. Any items left will be removed and disposed of accordingly.
You will also be searched at the entrance to the event which may include a full body pat down and/or use of hand held metal detectors. Any item(s), which may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon, or which may cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event, will be confiscated.
Please allow plenty of time to get into the event, and for concert entry procedures, ticket checks and searches.
Persons suspected of carrying items that may be used in an offensive or dangerous manner, or carrying out illegal activities within the arena or other parts of the site may be searched.
PEDESTRIANS WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED INTO THE GROUNDS OF MALAHIDE CASTLE VIA HOGANS GATE (NEAR DART STATION). PEDESTRIANS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ENTER THROUGH ANY OTHER PARK GATES.
- Early /overnight queueing will not be facilitated at the venue. Concert goers who do turn up prior to gates opening will be turned away.
- There will be a strict NO Alcohol Policy implemented on all public transport and private buses travelling to the venue.
- Please do not arrive at the event intoxicated as you will not be permitted entry.
- There is no re-admission to these concerts.
- Note that the concert may be recorded for visual and audio broadcast.
PLEASE NOTE TICKETMASTER IS THE TICKETING AGENT FOR THIS EVENT. THE PROMOTER STRONGLY ADVISES YOU DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM UNOFFICIAL SOURCES
BANNED ITEMS THAT SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT INTO THE GROUNDS
- Backpacks and large bags will not be allowed, only small bags measuring no bigger than A4 (8.27in/21cm × 11.7/ 29.7cm) will be permitted into the event.
- Garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs or shooting sticks, umbrellas, selfie sticks, flares/fireworks, laser pens, megaphone/air horns, aerosols, spray cans, smoke & gas canisters, nitrous oxide & any associated equipment, glass, drones, Chinese lanterns, sound systems, unofficial tabards/high viz.
- Illegal/unidentifiable substances, “legal highs, herbal highs or NoS
- Anything that can be perceived as a weapon or which could cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event.
- Professional cameras with a detachable lens, recording equipment, Go Pro’s.
- Note that catering and bar facilities are available inside the venue. NO ALCOHOL or DRINKS are permitted to be brought into the venue with the exception of water and softdrinks in sealed plastic bottles up to 500ml. Empty reusable bottles are permitted into the venue. There are water drinking water points onsite.
- Animals with the exception of guide dogs.
- Excessive amounts of cigarettes.
No unaccompanied under 16’s are allowed on site. Under 16’s must be accompanied by a parent / guardian over 18. Note you may be asked to prove your age with photo ID or you will be refused admission. Acceptable forms of proof of age are: Passport, Garda Age Card, Driving-Licence.
Our bars operate a Challenge 21 policy. Acceptable forms of proof of age are: Passport, Garda Age Card, Driving-Licence.
We do not accept any parental or supervisory duty of care or liability for any under 18’s on site.
- These are outdoor events. Concerts will take place rain or shine
- Always check the weather forecast before setting off.
- Wear outdoor footwear, as the grass may be wet, muddy or uneven.
- If it is sunny bring sun-cream, a hat and drink lots of water.
- If it is raining bring wet weather clothing including wellies. Please note that umbrellas are not allowed.
- There may be strobe lighting, lasers and pyrotechnics used at these events.
- Note location of Entry / Exit Gates, Emergency Exits, First Aid Posts and Water Points.
- Patrons are advised to be aware of their own personnel safety and security while attending these events. They should ensure the security of personnel belongings while on route to and from the venue and during the event i.e. purses/wallets/tickets/mobile phones. The promoter excepts no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
- Any form of antisocial behaviour, crowd surfing, moshing and public urination will not be tolerated. The same goes for illegal activity. The promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to, or remove from, the venue anyone taking part in these activities, without a refund.
- Please move slowly and quietly when exiting the concert site and co-operate with stewards’ directions. Do not rush the exits, hang back until the main crowd has dispersed for an easier journey home.
- Please co-operate with stewards and Gardaí and follow any loudspeaker announcements.
- An Garda Síochána will operate a Zero tolerance policy regarding alcohol consumption in public areas, any illegal criminal or anti-social behaviour.
- Please respect the property and privacy of residents in the vicinity.
- Please use the car, coach and bus parks provided, do not park illegally or in residential areas.
- Note that official merchandising will be available inside the grounds only.
ONCE AGAIN WE URGE ALL CONCERT-GOERS TO RESPECT LOCAL RESIDENTS AND THEIR COMMUNITY BY NOT ENGAGING IN ANY ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR AND BY NOT PARKING ILLEGALLY OR IN RESIDENTIAL AREAS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE AND ENJOY THE SHOWS.
Credit Card collections will be in the grounds of Malahide Castle.
CONTACTLESS/ CARD PAYMENT
VISA will be providing contactless card payment facilities at the onsite bars.
Some food concessions will accept card payments.
Disabled customer parking is available in a designated area of the car parks, which is accessed via Back Road. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register and for other non-ticket related access queries.
For non-ticket related queries please email email@example.com. If during the event you have a query or wish to provide feedback please notify a member of staff. It is your responsibility to bring any issues you have to a member of staff at the event.