Phil Collins has had a long and successful career and he’s hitting the road again, with a stop at Dublin’s Aviva Stadium on Saturday 25 June. This will be his first return to Ireland in 12 years, with his aptly named “Not Dead Yet” tour. So excited in fact, that we were inspired to look up some fun facts about Phil, and we thought why not share them with you. So here we go!
- Phil never learned to read and write conventional musical notation, instead, he uses a system he came up with himself.
- He practiced his drumming by playing along with the television and radio.
- He produced a few songs on Eric Clapton’s Album, Behind The Sun.
- He has written a book about the Battle of the Alamo in Texas, it’s called The Alamo and Beyond: A Collector’s Journey.
- He had more Top 40 hits on the Billboard hot 100 during the 80’s than any other artist.
- He was in the 1991 film Hook.Phil Collins in Hook
- He has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- He was inducted into the Modern Drummer Hall of Fame in 2012.
- He is a big supporter of animal rights and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
- He is the co-founder of The Little Dream Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to fulfill the dreams of young aspiring talents without the financial means to achieve goals.
- In 2011 Phil announced his retirement.
Lucky for us Phil couldn’t stay out of the limelight for too long and will embark on his tour in June. With the legendary Blondie announced as special guest at Aviva stadium, it is sure to be a fantastic show. Get your tickets here.