Saturday 23 July – Lionel Richie
Shane Filan, James Morrison, Corinne Bailey Rae, Sister Sledge, Albert Hammond & Steve Harley
TRAVEL & TRANSPORT INFORMATION
Please plan and book your return travel arrangements in advance.
Transport to and from the venue is a matter for individual ticket-holders themselves, whether you go by means of car, coach or by making an advance return booking on the Marathon Travel shuttle bus service operating directly between the City Centre and Punchestown Racecourse.
We strongly urge all concert goers to heed the advices of An Garda Síochána, transport providers and promoters regarding the pre-planning and advance booking of their return trip to and from venue. Leave plenty of time to get to and from the venue.
COACHES, PRIVATE BUSES & MINIBUSES
There will be coach/bus and minibus parking available within Punchestown Racecourse, access is via the L2023. It is however very important to us that operators notify and register with us in advance, to do so please email [email protected] If you are travelling to site using a private hire bus, coach or minibus please advise your driver to use Junction 9 off the N7.
Marathon Travel is operating a coach service from George’s Quay in the city centre direct to Punchestown Racecourse. Prices for the service are €20 return when booked online up to 17:00 on Thursday 21st July. Tickets purchased online from 18:00 on Thursday 21st July until 08:00 on Saturday 23rd July or on the day will be charged at the full fare of €25 return or €15 one way. This is strictly subject to availability.
Please go to www.bushiredublin.net for tickets and more information on the route.
Martleys of Portlaoise
Martleys are operating a coach service from Kilminchy, via Portlaoise to Punchestown Racecourse. Please visit www.martleys.com for more information on the route, or call 057 86 20888 for tickets.
Andy’s of Naas
Andy’s of Naas will operate a special direct shuttle service from Naas to Punchestown Racecourse. Please visit www.andysofnaas.com or call 045 874888 for information on the route and tickets.
SAME DAY RETURN PUBLIC BUS SERVICE
operated by Kelly Travel as follows:
Tipperary Town 12:00
Cashel – Mother Hubbards – 12:30
Portlaoise – 13:30
Online Booking OR Call on 061 384422.
The promoter strongly recommends that you pre-book this services.
Irish Rail operates a service from Dublin’s Heuston Station to Sallins (just outside Naas). During the festival Jacobus will operate a shuttle bus service from Sallins to Punchestown Racecourse.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CAR PARKING IS AVAILABLE AT PUNCHESTOWN RACECOURSE.
- Plan your journey to Punchestown Racecourse based on the following:-
- Traffic and parking delays are inevitable – please consider using public transport or carpooling
- We strongly recommend you plan your journey in advance allowing plenty of travel time to and from the venue.
- Plan your route in advance and check the AA Roadwatch website for reports on traffic, road works, delays etc. on your route
Traffic travelling Southbound on the N7 – (Dublin Traffic)
Traffic travelling via the M50 should take Junction 9 onto the N7 towards Naas. Take the R445 to Naas and turn left onto Blessington Road and follow the R410 towards Beggars End Crossroads. At the Crossroads take a right onto L2023 and continue on to the designated carparks.
Traffic Travelling Southbound on the N81 – (South Dublin Traffic)
Traffic travelling Southbound the N81 towards Blessington. Traffic can then either take a right onto the R410 at Blessington and follow the road until Beggars End Crossroads where you will turn left and continue on to the designated carparks; Or alternatively continue on the N81 and take a right onto the R411 through Ballymore Eustace. Continue along this road to the junction with the L2023 and then turn right and continue to the designated car parks.
Traffic travelling Northbound on the M9 – (South East)
Traffic can travel through Kilcullen on the R448. At Mylerstown Cross traffic should turn right and onto the L2023 to Punchestown Racecourse. Alternatively traffic can exit Junction 10 on the M7 and follow the R445, then turn right onto the South Ring Road to the Ballmore Eustace Road (R411) and follow until you reach a crossroads. Take a left onto the L2023 and continue on to the designated carparks.
Traffic travelling Northbound on the M7 – (South / South West)
Traffic should travel north along the M7 until junction 12 and exit towards Kilcullen on the R413. From Killcullen take the R448 and turn right at Mylerstown Cross onto the L2023. Continue on to the designated carparks.
Traffic Travelling Northbound on the N81
Traffic travelling north on the N81 towards Blessington should take the R411 signed Ballymore Eustace. Continue along this road to the junction with the L2023 and then turn right and continue to the designated car parks.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PARK ILLEGALLY IN AREAS SURROUNDING PUNCHESTOWN RACECOURSE, IN LOCAL ESTATES OR OUTSIDE LOCAL RESIDENCES. PARKING ENFORCEMENT RULES WILL BE IN OPERATION AND YOUR VEHICLE WILL BE CLAMPED OR TOWED.
Taxis can drop and collect fares directly from the pick-up drop off area within the grounds of Punchestown racecourse.
PICK UP AREA
Attendees getting picked up by family and friends following the concerts are advised to use the designated pick up / drop off area within the grounds of Punchestown racecourse.
Credit Card collections will be located at the Main Entrance to the event.
Disabled customer parking is accessed via Gate 3. Please contact [email protected] to register and for other non-ticket related access enquiries.
For non-ticket related queries please email [email protected] If during the event you have a query or wish to provide feedback please notify a member of staff. It is your responsibility to bring any issues you have to a member of staff at the event.
No unaccompanied under 16’s are allowed on site. Under 16’s must be accompanied by a parent / guardian over 25. Note you may be asked to prove your age with photo ID or you will be refused admission. Acceptable forms are: Passport, Garda Age Card, Driving License.
Should you have any queries in relation to the age policy please contact [email protected]
ENTRY TO THE EVENT
- There is a no alcohol policy implemented on all public transport and private buses travelling to the venue.
- Allow enough time for concert entry procedures, ticket checks and searches. Body and bag searching will take place on entry to the event.
- There is no re-admission to this concert.
- Our bars operate a Challenge 21 policy. Acceptable forms of proof of age are: Passport, Garda Age Card, Driving-License.
- Note that the concert may be recorded for visual and audio broadcast.
- There may be strobe lighting, lasers and pyrotechnics used at these events.
- PLEASE NOTE TICKETMASTER IS THE TICKETING AGENT FOR THIS EVENT. THE PROMOTER STRONGLY ADVISES YOU DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM UNOFFICIAL SOURCES.
ITEMS THAT CANNOT BE BOUGHT INTO THE GROUNDS
- Camping equipment etc. (with the exception of folding chairs) is not permitted.
- Flares/fireworks, laser pens, megaphone/air horns, aerosols
- Illegal substances, “legal highs” , herbal highs or NoS
- Anything that can be perceived as a weapon or which could cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event.
- Professional cameras with a detachable lens (over 6 inches), or audio / recording equipment.
- Note that catering and bar facilities are available inside the venue. NO ALCOHOL, DRINKS, OR FOOD are permitted to be brought into the venue with the exception of water and soft drinks in sealed plastic bottles up to 500ml and small snacks.
- Animals with the exception of guide dogs
- Excessive amounts of cigarettes
- Glass including but not limited to drinks and food containers
- Please note that fold-up chairs and camping chairs are permitted at this event.
- These are outdoor events. Concerts will take place rain or shine.
- Always check the weather forecast before setting off.
- Wear outdoor comfortable footwear.
- If it is sunny bring sun-cream, a hat and drink lots of water
- If it is raining bring wet weather clothing.
- Note location of Entry / Exit Gates, Emergency Exits, First Aid Posts and Water Points
- Patrons are advised to be aware of their own personnel safety and security while attending these events. They should ensure the security of personnel belongings while on route to and from the venue i.e. purses/wallets/tickets/mobile phones
- Intoxication or any form of antisocial behaviour will not be tolerated. The promoter reserves the right to refuse admission or to remove from the venue anyone taking part in these activities without a refund.
- Please co-operate with stewards and Gardaí and follow any loudspeaker announcements.
- Please respect the property and privacy of residents in the vicinity.
- Offsite casual trading will not be permitted
- Please use the car, coach and bus parks provided, do not park illegally or in residential areas
- Note that official merchandising will be available inside the grounds only.
ONCE AGAIN WE URGE ALL CONCERT-GOERS TO RESPECT LOCAL RESIDENTS AND THEIR COMMUNITY BY NOT ENGAGING IN ANY ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR AND BY NOT PARKING ILLEGALLY OR IN RESIDENTIAL AREAS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE AND ENJOY THE SHOW